Joining In On The Melon Mania

 Melon, melon, melon.


If you haven't checked out the CTMH blog post on Melon Mania, you definitely should. Click here to be taken straight there.

They give you great information on possible color schemes for Melon Mania.  Of course, analogous colors of shortbread and desert rose work well.  Then as they said, blue is a complementary color.  Check out my photos below to see which ones I thought worked best.

It was a no-brainer, when CTMH themselves used Melon in the Mix-In pack for Jan-Mar 2023, along with Glacier and Sapphire - on the right.  Then I pulled out the still available May-Jun 2022 Mix-in pack which featured Capri and Glacier (as well as lemonade).  Pretty, right?  And of course, the reverse sides are likely to work as well. 



Another way to bring more color into a monochromatic scheme is through your embellishments.  And if they are free embellishments -- all the better.  The CTMH Hope & Kindness kraft embellishments would work well (on the right).  I got mine in a recent VIP bonus bundle special.  You can check out CTMH's video on the bundles, by clicking here.


I also pulled out some of CTMH's woodgrain embellishments (center), which are available in flowers, buttons, arrows, hearts, stars, brackets, letters and numbers.    And that made me check my own stash of woodgrain background papers from other companies.  Here are the first few I found, along with a recent CTMH Cut-Above layout example with a woodgrain background that would be perfect for showcasing the various designs in the melon paper pack.


And really, I'm just talking paper here, you need to check out all the embellishments as well.

Here's that layout in a larger format.

If you were thinking the Melon Mania was a bit too much melon for you, I hope you find the additional ideas I have mentioned here to be useful for incorporating it into your stash.  Melon is so very versatile . . . which is why mania abounds!!  In fact, I found melon included in products from American Crafts and Hip Kit Club just to name a couple.  Once you start looking for it, you will see it everywhere.

Check out all things MELON by clicking here.  The bundle price is only available through the end of June.  The paper only bundle has already sold out, so you might want to hurry if you need the whole kit and kaboodle.

Thanks for dropping by.

Comments