Smarty Pants - Workshop Wow - Smart Substitutions

How about a bonus Wednesday Watch on Monday?


In this video, I show you how substitutions can come in handy when you only have part of the product featured in a Workshop - in this case, the Smarty Pants Workshop Wow.

The Smarty Pants line was featured in the core catalog beginning in August of 2021 and at that time, there was no workshop for it.  But in June of this year, CTMH introduced one.  I had a few pieces of the paper line from a National Scrapbooking Day card workshop, called A Toast To You (featuring a stamp set that is just too cute), but that I had not yet completed.  Well, for me personally, an opportunity for layouts always trumps cards.

A Toast To You

I used the instructions for the Smarty Pants Workshop Wow, and made "smart" substitutions to stretch the supplies I did have on hand.  The Smarty Pants Workshop Wow is still available for only $49.95.  It comes with a nifty alphabet stamp set and thin cut Tags and Tabs dies.

Smarty Pants Workshop Wow - Scrapbooking Kit

A less expensive version without the stamp or die-cuts is also available.

Smarty Pants Workshop (no stamps or dies)

 And if you prefer to mix and match your own products, these are available separately.

Smarty Pants Paper Pack & Sticker Sheet

 

Smarty Pants Coordinating Cardstock

Tags & Tabs Dies

I used the May-June Mix-In Paper Pack for my substitutions.

May-June Mix-In Paper Pack

 

And a current stamp set - (on sale during Stamptacular) for embellishments for one of my pages.

In A Book Stamp & Thin Cuts - ON SALE $25

So, with the addition of 6 sheets of Mix-In Paper, I was able to get 7 pages just like the Workshop instructions lay out, while personalizing them for my own purposes by using my stash for embellishments. Smart, eh?

This Workshop Wow is available in the month of June.  All Smarty Pants products retire as of August 1st, 2022 when the new core catalog debuts.  So they are officially now on a "while supplies last" basis.

I hope you enjoyed my take on being a "Smarty Pants".  Thanks for watching!

Comments