Six Quick Tips for an Old School Stunning Layout

 Today's post shows how easy it is to get a stunning layout in 6 quick steps:


1)  Feature a stunning embellishment - here I have used the CTMH Fancy Doilies Thin Cuts that can be found here:

Fancy Doilies Thin Cuts - Only $36.95

The largest doily is just under 6" in diameter and the smaller one nests inside the larger one.  BONUS TIP:  In order to get all the details of the doily to cut crisply, I simply added a cardstock shim on top of my upper plate. Cutting machines can vary in their usual amount of pressure, and sometimes detailed dies don't want to cut cleanly.  Skip the frustration by adding a piece of scrap cardstock for a shim.  Just a little more thickness in your cutting sandwich can make all the difference.

2)  Find 2 related pieces of printed patterned paper in two different scales.  Here I used two peony papers (non-CTMH) from my stash. I used one for the top and one for the bottom half.  I could have easily switched the two designs.



3)  Create a center border from coordinating cardstock - you will notice mine has a bit on stenciling on it, and while very subtle, it does add a little sumthin' sumthin' to the page and I have layered a bit of the smaller floral paper on top. On the right hand page the border is reinforced with a line of doilies.

4) Layout your photos in whatever configuration you like.  I kept mine very linear, so that it emphasized the middle border.  I did use more than one size of photo to add interest.



5)  Make a stunning title - here I used both sizes of the doily in different card stocks.  Then I stamped and die-cut the beautiful title twice using the Hope & Kindness Stamps & Thin Cuts set, so that I could stack them to give added dimension. A bit of ribbon and buttons here and on the center of the other page add the extra bling for finishing touches.

Hope & Kindness Stamps & Thin Cuts


6)  As a bonus, to finish up the pretty paper I made a 6 x 12 pocket page insert, again with a center doily and border accent.

 


See how easy this can be.  Why not grab some floral or other paper from your stash and give it a try today.  Purchasing this doily set now will serve your scrapbooking needs for a long time to come.

The Fancy Doilies Thin Cuts and the Stamp & Thin Cuts are also available at a discount when purchased as part of the Hope & Kindness product bundle.  If you have any leftover papers from this line, you could duplicate this layout easily.

That's all for today.  My next video and blog post will go up on Tuesday at noon and will feature the Bundle shown above -- for a total of 9 double layouts.  You don't want to miss it.

Happy stamping and scrapping!

Comments