Sweet As Honey Layouts



Although the Sweet As Honey workshops and paper pack/sticker sheets have sold out, I wanted to share with you what I had made with the paper pack, sticker sheet and coordinating cardstock.

 

Here are the quick directions of the first layout, designed by CTMH, and shared with Makers so that they can share with you:

1) Cut Sundance damask paper in half at 6" and center on both pages.  

2)  Starting with the left page, cut the Black honeycomb paper to 6" x 10".

3)  Flank that with 2 strips of the honeybee paper measuring 1" x 7" and 4" x 7".  (Note you save a lot of paper by doing this method instead of using a larger piece which will mostly be hidden.)

4)  Layer a piece of 3" x 11" newsprint in the center of honeycomb paper, distressing the edges with a scissors, if desired.

5)  Make a 8 1/4" x 4 1/4" black photo mat (and optionally, you can use two small slices of light Sundance at the top and bottom, tucked between the black and the newsprint.

6)  Embellish as shown.  Journal card is approximately 3 x 4 (you could use a Picture My Life card here and drop down the embellishments.)

7)  On the right page cut the honeycomb paper to 9" wide x 10" tall and center it. Flank it with a 1" x 7" piece of honeybee paper on each side.

8)  Lay a strip of 4" x 11" newsprint off center, distress, if desired.

9)  Make a 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" black photo mat and if you used the small strips of  Sundance on the left page repeat that here.

10) Embellish as show.


OPTIONAL: Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink was used to around the edges of the large elements. This was done first.  I also sponged a little on the newsprint paper.


The second layout was also designed for Makers, and I have tweaked it some.

1)  Use light Sundance for your layout base (white or linen would look nice as well.)

2)  The papers starting at 1" inch up from the bottom are as follows:

  • 1/4" x 12 "zip strip
  • 3" x 12" striped paper
  • 6" high x 9" wide Shortbread cardstock - starting up 1/2" from the bottom of the striped (I used a stamp from my stash to add a honeycomb paper along the right and left sides.
  • 2" high x 10" wide black or charcoal cardstock (I had some distressed black leftover from a previous workshop) - arrange so 1/4" of shortbread shows below it
  • 1" high x 9" wide strip of bumblebee paper above the Shortbread

3)  Place photos as shown, and cut one of the fishtail banner stickers to use as faux washi tape.

4)  Use small pieces of the newsprint paper (cut 1" wide) and tuck under the photos as shown.

4)  Embellish as shown.  Note my 2 journal strips were also leftover from a prior workshop.


The third layout is of my own design and uses up most of the leftover patterned paper.

1)  Start with Pebble cardstock as your base, or white or linen would work as well.

2)  Use mixed newsprint/beehive paper butted up against the center.  6 1/2" on right, and 5" on left.

3)  Next is the 1/4 inch Sundance zip strips.

4)  Then the Striped paper - 1 1/2" on left and 3" on right. (Note - since I had a 1 1/2 difference on the newsprint/beehive paper - I used that same 1 1/2" difference on the striped paper, so that my side borders turn out to be equal.

5)  A strip of 1/4" x 12" damask paper completes the background. 

6)  The black honeycomb paper is 6" inches tall, and I had to cut it to leave gaps behind the photos.

7)  Use black cardstock to enhance the fishtail banners.

8)  I used scraps of newsprint on the left 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" (could hold a 4" square photo) and on the right it is  4 1/4" high by 5" wide. 

9)  A scrap of Sundance forms the mat for a 2" photo on the left, to balance the 2 2" photos on the right.  Daisy White cardstock was used for journal strips.

(Note: The little brass bees are from my stash.)

When I had finished all these layouts, I only had the 2 long black borders and a couple of small circle stickers leftover.

I hope you enjoyed seeing these layouts - and you could certainly use these directions to try the layouts with another paper pack and sticker sheet.  




I plan to be back soon with another set of layouts from another great set of CTMH papers.

As I mentioned in the video, if you are interested in becoming a Close To Your Heart Maker, I would love to talk to you about it.  From now through May 31, CTMH is offering a special sign-up price and a few other special conditions for new Makers.  Become a Maker with Close To My Heart for just $25 and get $25 back in CTMH Cash, which you can use to buy products of your choice. 



You can sign up on my team by clicking here.


Comments