Counterfeit Challenge #1 - Celebrating Friendship

As you know, (if you saw this post), I am guest designing over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog this month.  Today, we are celebrating friendship.  And 3 guesses as to which kinds of friends I chose to scrap about, and your first two guesses do not even count.

Happy Scrappy Pals

This kit was put together using a few Close To My Heart items along with old Felicity Jane kit leftovers and other goodies from my stash.


I used this layout in the Close To My Heart November-December catalog as my inspiration, because I had a piece of paper in my kit that mimicked the effect they show there.

 

I used Papaya cardstock for my base and then split the scalloped paper into 3 vertical pieces, one large and 2 small.  I decided it added more interest to split the paper on the left, rather than just run the washi tape over the top.

 


I used more paper pieces behind my photo, because I am scrapping my crafty pals.  The 3 of us were dressed in wildly different colors, so I opted to go with black/white photos.  I copied the use of the visual triangle of black items from the catalog layout.  On the pull-out tag I have recorded our daring escapades at the Creating Keepsakes convention we attended just before the Covid shutdown began.

 

If  you are closely following the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, you will have seen my contribution to their Forgeries on the Fourth post.  I played around with some journaling cards and stamps.   It was fun!



Stay tuned I hope to get a lot more scrapbooking done from my counterfeit kit, and am hoping to include some of those cards.  In the meantime, why don't you try your hand at scrap-lifting a layout from the November-December catalog - there are quite a few good ones in there.

Comments