Two Crafters, Week 2

Okay, I am back today with the second installment of this friendly competition with my sis-in-law, Trenna, who is a demonstrator for "that other stamp company."  You can find last week's post here.

This week I chose the stamp set and you know I've been indulging myself in CLOSE TO MY HEART's Hillside Cottage product line.  So I chose the standalone cardmaking set, not the one in the cardmaking workshop (although I had to have that set as well.)

 

I used two sides of the same patterned paper.  I stamped the sentiment  along with the chick, the duck and the flowers.  I placed the embellishments, including a wood flower in a diagonal line from bottom left to top right.  I also did cross-hatch marks on the border at those same angle to reinforce the flow.  I used two layers of the chicken stamp to give it a little more dimension.

For this second card I was down to even fewer scraps, but I did add in a few leftover stickers from the sticker sheet.  I also splattered the card with black shimmer brush, and added a remnant of black gingham ribbon from my stash.

Okay, now you might like to take a short bunny hop over to Trenna's blog and see what she did with her cute critter stamp set.

And if you need a little more inspiration, don't forget about our You-Tube channels, we each are currently putting a new video up every week.


We always appreciate comments on our blogs, and would be thrilled beyond belief if you like and follow us on You-Tube. Have a happy day, a scrappy stampy day!

Comments