Card Competition Wraps Up - Week 4

Well, sis-in-law Trenna and I have really enjoyed this little cardmaking competition this month.  She's enjoying showing off her superior card making skills and I'm enjoying trying to keep up.  There's been a good deal of smack talk going on behind the scenes, that keeps us both sharpening our sassy repetoire of snappy comebacks - an unexpected bonus.

 

Here are the stamp sets for the final week:


Trenna really excels at masculine cards, so I am expecting her to hit this one out of the park.  But I managed to find a really fun stamp/die set.

Click Here For More Info

 

Although ideas for using this set on a scrapbook page lept to mind, I have crafted a couple of eye-catching cards.

On the first card, I used some Photoplay summer paper that I enhanced with a few waves from the stamp set, which is called Seas The Day.  The shore is made from almond cardstock, one light side, one dark.  Both are stamped with the sand grains in toffee and almond.  I stamped the cork on some cork from my stash, and used the cork for other accents as well.

I do think myself a bit clever to have used the NESW to spell out NEWS on the front of my note card.  (Yes, I am pretty good at anagrams, in case you wondered.  And I am pondering how I can used SEWN on a card that includes stitching.  Alas, I have no acquaintances named SWEN.)


On the second card I decided to stamp the bottle in sapphire and the scroll in toffee.  I used some alcohol markers to make it look as though a bit of water had gotten into the bottle, because the cork had popped off and was floating alongside.  I also used a bit of blue belle shimmer brush to add accents to the waves that were stamped.


In this alternate view, you may be able to tell that I used glossy adhesive over the entire surface of the bottle to make it look more like glass.  I used scraps from the You Are Enough paper line to add some interest to the bottom of the card.

So what do you think?  Did you enjoy this little crafty face-off of ours?  Have you also been checking our You Tube channels - Trenna's and mine.

We hope so, because in July we are planning to do the same with scrapbook layouts (whereupon I think I may finally have a fighting chance).  See you back here next Monday, when you can be the judge of whether my expression of crafting confidence was premature.

Comments