From The Scrap Bin #1

One sleepless night recently I decided to putter in the studio.  As I was filing away scraps and breaking down chipboard, I thought it might be fun to play.

I had about half this sheet of Teresa Collins family stories (2013) chipboard left.


And, by far the largest scrap in my scrap bin was a zig-zag sheet from an old mix-in paper pack by Close to My Heart. The rest of the paper came from my scrap bin as well.  The squiggly lined strip is a b-side paper from Photoplay's Paper Whiskers line.

The journal cards were the flip side of a piece of Websters Pages Color and Composition line. 


The little file pocket is from the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie line, flipped inside out.  It was left over from a France travel album I just finished.

I will admit that scrapbooking on so little sleep was not efficient.  I had to finagle the layout around a couple of times, before I was satisfied.  The title "you can count on me" is appropriate for 2 married accountants - and at first I had used some of the chipboard numbers, but decided against it in the end. 

While it is exciting to play with a whole paper collection, there is a different and equally satisfying feeling to using up scraps with odds and ends.  Especially when the supplies are so old!

When was the last time you scrapped entirely from scraps?

Comments