Clean Desk Card #5 - Shimmer Brushes

 Here's my latest card creation:


This was my desk on Saturday night - and you can see right there in the center are my CLOSE TO MY HEART shimmer brushes.  I clouded the edges of the photo, because there were also some things from the upcoming May - June CTMH catalog that I am forbidden from showing you.  So don't look!

The card was based on Freshly Made Sketches #478.

I colored the image using shimmer brushes, just to practice.  I also splattered with them. The colors are Flamingo, Mint and Sundance.  You must be careful not to let them blend as the color will muddy.

I could not get the camera to pick up the shimmer - sorry about that. In real life, the effect is halfway between markers and watercolors - and shimmery to boot.  As soon as I get some watercolor paper in stock I will try this again. Maybe even with some Copic specific paper as well.  I popped up my stamped ribbon as well as my actual ribbon, and added a few clear gems.

The lovely floral image is from the Stitched Florals Stamp & Thin Cuts set which will be on sale in April as part of CTMH's Stamptacular.  That's just 3 days away.  You can see the flyer for the special in last Friday's post.

Regular Price $25.95 - April Sale Price $20

Because I needed the sentiment to be longer and narrower, I used an old set that is probably 5 years old and from "that other stamp company."   As always, this post could have many and varied products, depending what was on my desk or close at hand.

There is your note of appreciation for dropping by.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to tell me what you think!