Clean Desk Cards #1 - Happy Valentine's Day

Here we have the first installment of Clean Desk Cards, featuring cards I make solely to clean off scraps and other final pieces of kits from my desk.  Today I have 3 cards mostly from scraps of CLOSE TO MY HEART papers.  These are meant to be quick, easy and fun, with minimal techniques.  Little fuss while we lessen the muss - we are clearing off, cleaning up.

Love You + Me:


This card was inspired by the HSS Color Challenge #357.  This is the first time I have played along over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Technically you don't have to hand stamp the sentiment, that is not one of the rules, surprisingly.  I didn't have to pull out stamps as I had a leftover stamped sentiment plus a sticker.
 
 

Happy Valentine's Day:


This ultra simple card was made in response to challenge 472 at Freshly Made Sketches.  Also, my first time playing along at this sketch site.  For this card I used a couple of leftover stickers.  I really had to control myself not to keep adding onto it.  In the end, the simplicity of this card made it my fave. (KISS)

{Heart} XO:

 

This card is based on a recent CLOSE TO MY HEART pattern from their blog.  The chipboard heart and vinyl XO are from my bits tray, a tray I keep for bits and bobs.


Every few months I take all these items and sort them into my color boxes for crops.  But they get to lounge around here in the tray, because I am too lazy to sort them into boxes every time I clean up after a project.

I keep saying I am going to move on from hearts and flowers to something else.  Now that will be easier with a clean desk!

Comments